New Funding Rounds Announced for the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program
Funding will support small businesses and non-profits that have struggled due to the COVID-19 pandemic
compartida por la Cámara de Comercio Hispana de California
We are excited to announce two NEW rounds—Rounds 3 and 4—of the California Relief Grant. Guided by a principle of equity, the Program provides a crucial financial lifeline to traditionally underserved small businesses and non-profits. In its first two funding rounds, the Program selected just over 40,000 small businesses and non-profits to receive approximately $500 million in grant funding.
More than 350,000 small businesses and non-profits applied in a competitive process, with funding requests totaling more than $4.5 billion. Additional preliminary data can be found here.
The recently signed package provides $2.075 billion – a four-fold increase to that initial $500 million – for grants up to $25,000 for small businesses impacted by the pandemic. The new package also includes a $50 million allocation for non-profit cultural institutions.
Please read below for additional information about each round.
ROUND 3 (WAITLISTED FROM ROUNDS 1 AND 2)
- Round 3 is a CLOSED round and only available to eligible applicants that have been waitlisted in Rounds 1 and 2. Applicants will be selected from the existing pool of waitlisted applicants. Applicants do not need to reapply.
Important Dates for Round 3
- Closed Round Opens: March 05, 2021
- Closed Round Closes: March 11, 2021
- Start of Selection Notifications: March 05, 2021
ROUND 4 (ARTS & CULTURAL PROGRAM)
- Round 4, The Arts & Cultural Program, will support California eligible nonprofit cultural institutions defined as registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit entities that satisfy the criteria for a qualified small business, but with no limitation on annual gross revenue, and that are in one of the following North American Industry Classification System codes:
- (A) 453920 – Art Dealers
- (B) 711110 – Theater Companies and Dinner Theaters.
- (C) 711120 – Dance Companies.
- (D) 711130 – Musical Groups and Artists.
- (E) 711190 – Other Performing Arts Companies.
- (F) 711310 – Promoters of Performing Arts, Sports, and Similar Events with facilities.
- (G) 711320 – Promoters of Performing Arts, Sports, and Similar Events without facilities.
- (H) 711410 – Agents and Managers for Artists, Athletes, Entertainers, and Other Public Figures
- (I) 711510 – Independent Artists, Writers, and Performers.
- (J) 712110 – Museums.
- (K) 712120 – Historical Sites.
- (L) 712130 – Zoos and Botanical Gardens.
- (M) 712190 – Nature Parks & Other Similar Institutions
Important Dates for Round 4
- Application Opens: March 16, 2021
- Application Closes: March 23, 2021
- Start of Selection Notifications: TBD
There will be a new online application for eligible nonprofit cultural institutions to complete, which will also be available through multiple partner portals.
Eligible nonprofit cultural institutions for the Arts & Cultural Program will be permitted to complete a new application even if they already applied in the COVID-19 Relief Grant Program; provided that grants will not be awarded to any eligible nonprofit cultural institution if such entity has otherwise been awarded a grant.
For more information on grant requirements and eligibility, along with links to application tips and webinars, visit CAReliefGrant.com.