Compiled by the El Reportero‘s staff
Watch the film, Bedlam & join us for a discussion with the filmmakers
CONTENT WARNING – THIS FILM IS DISTURBING AND MAY BE TRIGGERING
Please join us in discussion with Ken Rosenberg &
Peter Miller, makers of the film, Bedlam, for a closer look at this important work.
On Tuesday, May 12 at 5 p.m. Zoom Link for 5pm, Tuesday, May 12th Presentation.
Mental Health Association of San Francisco | 870 Market St. Suite 928, San Francisco.
We need your help! consider applying to serve on a city board, commission or committee
Want to make an impact in the community? The City is currently recruiting for 29 open seats on its advisory boards, commissions and committees. These advisory bodies play a key role in shaping policy initiatives and services affecting the community. If you believe you are a good fit for the following volunteer positions, please apply by May 17, 2020.
- Architectural Advisory Committee (2 seats available)
- Arts Commission (4 seats available)
- Board of Building Review (3 seats available)
- Historic Resources Advisory Committee (2 seats available)
- Housing & Human Concerns Committee (3 seats available)
- Library Board (2 seats available)
- Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Commission (3 seats available)
- Planning Commission (2 seats available)
- Port Commission (3 seats available)
- Senior Affairs Commission (5 seats available)
Applicants must have a strong interest in civic involvement, be 18 years of age or older, be a registered voter, and a resident of incorporated Redwood City. Some volunteer positions may have additional requirements or preferred areas of expertise.
For more details on the openings and to apply, go to: www.redwoodcity.org/bccrecruitment.
Redwood City Strong Together Official Art Contest
The Redwood City Parks & Arts Foundation is looking for entries to their Redwood City Strong Together artwork contest! All you need to do is create artwork that demonstrates Redwood City’s unity and strength during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Eligibility: Entrants must currently live or work in the City of Redwood City, unincorporated Redwood City or unincorporated North Fair Oaks
Entry Deadline: Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Click here for Official Contest Rules and Entry Form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yw1OK5RxAVsoeswCuaNwuLJn_xQ8thUR/view
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Redwood City Parks & Arts Foundation is looking for entries for their Redwood City Strong Together artwork contest. Deadline to enter is midnight, Sunday, May 24.
- Everyone Counts! If you haven’t already, complete the 2020 Census today
- New and updated County health data
- San Mateo County is still accepting donations of critical personal protective equipment, as well as financial donations through the San Mateo County Strong Fund
- Redwood City School District (RCSD) seeks the input of the community as the school district studies its attendance zone to shift the current attendance boundary areas of its neighborhood schools
- County of San Mateo launches Great Plates Delivered; a program where older residents at high risk from COVID-19 can receive three nutritious meals per day delivered to their home from restaurants and other food providers across San Mateo County.